The Assets Supervisor is responsible for leading the modeling/texture/look dev crew. Ensures the technical and creative success of modeling and surfacing in the animation film production. The Assets Supervisor should mentor, guide, and support the artists and be able to effectively supervise the modeling and surfacing team meets production deadlines. Solves technical production issues, defines workflows, and develops tools/frameworks for all assets in the animation tv show
·Supervise the Assets team by developing looks and giving direction, May required to do hands-on development and/or modeling or look dev work.
· Work with layout, lighting, and animation to find economical ways to build sets that fulfill the creative and technical requirements of the show.
· Collaboration with the Production Manager to create the schedule and ensure the desired look is delivered and that deadlines are met.
· Consistently look for a more efficient way of modeling and look development.
· Work closely with the VFX Supervisor, Art director ensure creative direction from Directors is clearly passed on to the crew.
· Perform daily one-on-one rounds with Modeling and Surfacing Artists, critique work, and assist with technical problem-solving.
· Develop/oversee any new technology required to meet the specific creative and technical needs of the show.
· 5+ years of experience as a lead modeler in feature animation or animation company. Excellent understanding of all stages of CG production
· Solid knowledge of anatomy, sense of design, form, scale, and proportions in space;
· Strong working knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Mari, Photoshop, Arnold renderer, and CG Production pipeline tools
· Good understanding of the layout process and front end pipeline would be an asset
· Demonstrate strong leadership skills and experience
· Highly proficient skills in technical problem solving
· Chinese speaking would be a plus